With the growth in the use of IT systems in business in
recent years, there is a growing amount of risk exposure to
companies in this regard. Consequently, there has also been
a surge in the amount of legislation that has emerged as a
result of this. This places an additional burden on IT
managers and staff to ensure that they are suitably informed
so as to best protect their company from the many risks
facing them. In order to assist IT personnel to be informed
with the latest developments, AstroTech is offering a
training program titled IT & The Law.
The course covers
the following key topics:
- Understanding the ECT Act
- Intercepting or Monitoring staff email
- Tracking websites employees use
- Legal requirements for email storage
- Software licensing issues
- What IT contracts & declarations should employees sign?
- What policies do employers need & When?
- Internal security policy
- Internet usage policy
- Internal Backup Policy
- Corporate Governance & IT
- The Importance of Email Disclaimers
- Electronic Contract Conclusion
- Necessary Website Terms & Conditions
- Selling goods on-line
- using your website to comply with PROATIA
- Intellectual Property & the Internet:
- Trade marks
- Domain names
- Software development legal implications
- The use of software escrow
- Data Storage Requirements
- Preventing Computer Fraud
- Telephone Monitoring
- Personal software on company equipment
- Sending Unauthorised Mail
- What could put the IT Manager in Jail!
- And Much More!
- IT Managers & Staff
- Technology Managers
- Managers whose Organisations Rely Heavily on IT Systems
- IT Project Managers & Project Personnel
- Engineers & Technicians
- Marketing Personnel Involved with Websites
- Anyone else with an interest in IT & The Law
- Be knowledgeable about applicable legislation
- Be able to best protect your organisation
- Understand the implications of your actions/systems
- Know what policies you need in place
- Network with other professionals in the industry
- Training Manual & CD
- All delegates receive one month of telephonic support
relating to course content.
Provision of the course by AstroTech includes:
- Professional Presentation of the subject matter
- All course material & tutorials
- 1 month of related telephonic support.
The course is 3 days in duration.
Please note that the venue, lunch and refreshments must be provided in-house and is not included in the cost of the course.For more information on AstroTech in-house courses, please contact AstroTech on 0861 Astro T (0861 278 768) or 011 582 3222 or email@example.com