Addressing staff discipline issues is never easy and at
times can be an absolute minefield of problems for managers.
It is, however, an issue that all managers and supervisors
do have to deal with from time to time and being prepared
and educated is the only way to ensure a trouble-free work
environment. Notwithstanding this, the application of
effective and fair processes is equally important from a
staff morale and motivation perspective and, therefore, an
essential skill for managers to master.
The programme will be presented by Celeste Allan, a
practicing labour attorney and industrial relations
specialist and will include the following key topics:
- Managing Discipline Effectively
- Disciplinary Code and Procedure
- Handling Misconduct
- Disciplinary Hearings
- Managing Grievances
- Grievance Codes & Procedures
- Managing Poor Performance
- Setting Performance Standards
- Performance Measurement
- Counselling for Improvement
- Discipline and Dismissal
- Practical case studies and role plays to allow attendees
to immediately test their newly acquired skills
- And Much More!
Any Manager who has staff reporting to them or deals with
disciplinary processes e.g. IT Managers, Finance Managers,
Production Managers, Mining Managers, CEOs, HR Managers etc.
- Gain an understanding of the key issues relating to
- Gain an understanding of how to improve performance
- Gain an understanding of the grievance procedures
- Training Manual & CD
- All delegates receive one month of telephonic support
relating to course content
Provision of the course by AstroTech includes:
- Professional Presentation of the subject matter
- All course material & tutorials
- One month of related telephonic support
The course is 3 days in duration.
Please note that the venue, lunch and refreshments must be provided in-house and is not included in the cost of the course.For more information on AstroTech in-house courses, please contact AstroTech on 0861 Astro T (0861 278 768) or 011 582 3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org