Being expected to manage people has to be one of
the most daunting aspects facing new managers in
the workplace. People are unpredictable. People
have emotions and feelings and they cannot all
be treated in the same way. This makes people
management complicated. Furthermore, new
managers are often faced with the difficulty of
having to manage a team that used to be their
peers and this can make the transition even more
intimidating. In order to assist new managers to
address the challenges faced with managing
people, AstroTech is offering a training course
on People Management for New Managers which
covers the following key topics:
The course will be very valuable for:
- So now I'm a Manager!
- Gaining Acceptance and Credibility
- Understanding People Dynamics
- People Management vs Operations Management
- Motivating your Team
- Managing Conflict
- Building a Winning Team
- The Labour Legislation Minefield
- Discipline & Poor Performance
- How can the HR department help?
- Developing & Training your Team
- What about your own Development?
- Recruiting and Retaining Star Performers
- Using Rewards & Recognition Effectively
- Includes Hands-on Practical Interactive
- And much more!
- New Managers within an organisation
- Team Leaders and Supervisors that need
development in the people management discipline
- Specialists who are moving or have moved into
- Anyone who wants to enhance their People
Gain an understanding of the key aspects of
- Understand what makes an effective people
Understand how build and manage a team
Understand how to gain credibility and
- Training Manual & CD
- All delegates receive one month of telephonic
support relating to course content
Provision of the course by AstroTech includes:
Professional Presentation of the subject
matter All course material & tutorials
1 month of related telphonic support.
The course is 3 days in duration.
Please note that the venue, lunch and refreshments must be provided in-house and is not included in the cost of the course.For more information on AstroTech in-house courses, please contact AstroTech on 0861 Astro T (0861 278 768) or 011 582 3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org