AstroTech Training (Pty) Ltd and AstroTech Corporate Learning (Pty) Ltd (“AstroTech”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Types of Personal Data Processed?
The types of Personal Data that we may Process includes information necessary for our legitimate business interests and the categories of personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in the Republic of South Africa. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, identity number, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, date of birth, and information related to your educational history (“Personal Data”).
We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Data we Process to only that to which you consent and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests. Should you not consent to providing Personal Data which is necessary for us in our legitimate interests, we reserve the right to not provide a Service.
How and when is Personal Data Collected?
AstroTech will collect your Personal Data in several ways, including:
- when you make use of the Services and Content on the Website;
- when you browse the Website;
- when we carry out demographic research;
- when you register an account on the website;
- should you be registered on a course;
- when you conduct business with us;
- when you give us information or supporting documents;
- when you respond to us in written or electronic format such as through email or facsimile as required through interactions with us; and
- When you join or participate on social networks with AstroTech-related groups, or with content considered public domain.
When you visit our Website, our web server also may automatically record the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit.
Use of Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data:
- to verify your identity;
- in order for us to process your instructions or requests;
- to provide services you request;
- to retain and make available to you information;
- as a registered user, to notify and authenticate your identity when you view and access the designated area of the Website or other supporting databases such as delegate records;
- to allow you to participate in activities on the Website, Learner Management Systems and other support systems;
- to inform you of changes made to our Website;
- to inform you of additional services, courses, seminars, programmes offered by us which you may find interesting;
- for direct marketing of our own services and on behalf of other companies within the AstroTech Group;
- to respond to any queries you may have;
- to develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
- to develop an online user profile;
- to understand general user trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our services;
- to facilitate our legitimate business interests;
- to carry out any contracts that may form between us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- as aggregate data for research; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log IP addresses, or the location of computers on the Internet.
We may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of the Website. We do not ordinarily link IP addresses to personal information, which means that your session may remain anonymous. However, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case, as it may be necessary to identify a particular user when it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms or to protect our Website, its users or other interests.
Publicly Available Personal Data
What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data?
Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Process online.
While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time.
When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may select or be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or personal identification number (‘PIN’).
Storage of Personal Data?
Personal data may be stored in a range of business systems both locally and internationally used to perform business activities. Some systems used may include:
- CRM System/s
- Web server/s
- Financial system/s
- Marketing system/s
- Learner management systems
- Storage system/s
- Other systems for business purposes
If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
Use of the Website by children
The Website is not targeted at children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from persons in this age group.
Links to Other Sites
Our sites contain links to a number of websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating to them directly for information on their privacy policies.
Update of your personal information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by us, you can update and correct your information via the website, or contact us via email.
Protection of your Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your Personal Data or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your Personal Data.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to the website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.