Managing business operations and people is a daunting task in itself, while moving from a specialist or technical role to one which involves general and people management responsibilities comes with even more unique challenges. As a specialist, you have come to depend mostly on yourself for the effective delivery of job related objectives. However, once you become a manager, you are responsible for achieving results through others, managing workplace dynamics, and juggling the management of day to day business operations with managing people needs, emotions and aspirations.
To assist people in managing the transition from a specialist role to a management role, AstroTech is offering a training programme called “Bridging The Gap: From Specialist to Manager”. The course includes the following key topics:
HOT TIPS FOR SUCCEEDING IN YOUR NEW ROLE
- Gaining Credibility
- Gaining access to Mentoring
- Using & Understanding Politics to your advantage
TRANSITION PHASE CHALLENGES
KEY CRITICAL MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES SUCH AS
- Decision Making
- Meeting Management
- Problem Solving
OVERVIEW OF GENERAL & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT INCLUDING
- Management Reporting
- Business Plans
- Interfacing with other Departments
- Strategy & Planning
MANAGING THE EMPLOYEE LIFECYCLE THROUGH
- Recruitment Development Termination
- Performance Management Discipline
LABOUR LEGISLATION ESSENTIALS
WHAT MAKES PEOPLE TICK?
- What makes an Effective Team?
- How do you build an Effective Team?
- Motivating Others
COMBINING LEADERSHIP WITH EFFECTIVE PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS
HANDLING CHALLENGING SITUATIONS
THE ART OF LETTING GO: EFFECTIVE DELEGATION
And much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Specialists who have developed into a management position
- Engineers, Technicians and other Technical staff who have developed into a management position
- Professionals who have developed into a management position
- Anyone else wanting to develop their management skills
- Understand the challenges faced in the transition from a specialist to a manager
- Learn how people dynamics work and how this can help you with people management
- Learn how to get the best out of your team so that both you and they can shine
- Awareness of labour relations risks Exposure to current leadership trends and thinking
- Practical guidelines which can be applied back in the workplace