What if we could turn complex problems faced in business, into opportunities? When we face a problem, we tend to place all our effort and resources into only solving it. Creative thinking and an innovative approach can redefine issues to present the potential for not only solving problems, but also for invention and evolution. When we keep doing the same things over and over, nothing will ever change, so why keep solving problems the same way we always have?
By applying a growth mind-set, and combining it with some easy-to-learn skills, opportunity will present itself every time there’s a problem!
This course will help you develop the confidence, techniques and out-of-the-box-thinking to grab problems by the horns and solve them in an innovative, creative way!
CREATIVITY & INNOVATION: LOOKING AT CHALLENGES IN A NEW LIGHT OF OPPORTUNITY
- Understand innovative thinking – From creativity to innovation
- Eight essentials of innovation – aspire, choose, discover, evolve, accelerate, scale, extend, mobilize
- Grow your own innovative skills
- Using innovative ideation techniques such as appreciative enquiry, SCAMPI, and picture prompting
- Reframing for creative solution development
- Problem Solving in an environment of uncertainty and ambiguity
TECHNIQUES & TOOLS FOR CREATIVE/ INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING AS WELL AS CLASSIC TRIED AND TESTED METHODS:
- Cynefin Framework
- The Five whys: A powerful problem-definition technique
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Appreciative enquiry
- Reframing matrix
- Force field analysis
- Multi causal diagram
- RACI chart
- And more
SYSTEMS THINKING AND DESIGN THINKING AS MODELS OF THINKING TO ASSIST IN COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING
DEFINING CRITERIA FOR JUDGING POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS
THE NATURE AND IMPORTANCE OF SELF – AWARENESS IN PROBLEM SOLVING
- Understand the role of self-awareness in pro-active identification of potential problems
- Importance of a solution orientated attitude in problem solving
- Barriers to sound reasoning, including the effect of our biases and values
- How to control and evaluate your thought processes
- Understand your own problem solving style: Converger, Accomodator, Diverger, Assimilator
- Problem Solving & the Growth Mindset
PROBLEM SOLVING: THE ROLE OF A SUPPORTIVE CULTURE FOR CREATIVE & INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
And much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers within an organization
- Professionals tasked with improvement and problem solving projects in their daily work activities
- Anyone who wants to enhance their problem solving skills and innovative thinking skills
- Develop the confidence to tackle problems efficiently and effectively
- Learn the skills to apply various problem solving techniques in the correct context
- Be able to innovate and resolve problems more effectively
Choose your preferred training type/method of delivery below.