Being a manager requires a whole new set of skills that can be very daunting to the recently appointed manager. Suddenly you are required to perform a completely new and different role as well as to take responsibility for the performance of others.
Your success is no longer dependent upon tasks completed by you but by the performance of your team. Without the skills to manage well, your own performance is in jeopardy. On the other hand, a skilled manager can double the productivity of a team and significantly impact the performance of a business unit or company.
To assist newly appointed managers to gain the necessary skills to be successful in their new role, AstroTech is offering a training course on “Management for New Managers”.
- The role of a manager
- Management vs Leadership
- The importance of, and implementation of, emotional intelligence
- Conflict management
- Recruitment and Performance management
- Motivating your team
- Implementing disciplinary action legally and successfully
- Strategic and Operational Planning and implementation
- Change management
- Basic Accounting Terminology , including the role of Budgeting and Forecasting
- Overview of Risk Management and Crisis Management
- Protecting against Fraud
- Stress Management
And much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- New Managers within an organisation
- Team Leaders and Supervisors that need development in the management discipline
- Specialists who are moving or have moved into management roles
- Anyone who wants to enhance their Management Skills
- Understand what is required of you as a manager
- Learn the skills needed to manage people and teams
- Gain an understanding of broader business issues
- Make yourself more valuable to your company
- Network with other professionals