Organisations are increasingly realizing that their competitive edge no longer lies only in their products and services, but in their people or human capital. Attracting the right people, motivating and retaining them is fast becoming the priority item on business agendas. At the heart of retaining organisational talent and intellectual capital is the ability to provide developmental opportunities. Managing employee learning, development and growth involves the careful diagnosis of skills, knowledge and attributes required for the business to achieve its mission and goals and the selection of appropriate learning and development interventions which will contribute positively to both individual and organisational performance.
To assist organisations in viewing employee learning and development as a strategic and integrated process and ensuring managers get the best performance from their team, AstroTech is offering a training programme called “Managing Employee Learning and Growth”. The programme includes the following:
- Human, intellectual and emotional capital
- Building a learning organisation culture: piped dream or tangible possibility?
- Career Pathing: myth or reality?
- Career Management: organisational and individual responsibilities
- Skills Development and Learning: SA context and frameworks
- Aligning learning and development strategies to business strategy
- Competency Based Job Profiling
- Competency Assessment
- Performance Gap Analysis
- Competency based skill building and development
- Understanding individual learning styles
- Integrating learning approaches and methods
- Fostering an environment of lifelong learning
- The Manager as Coach
- A practical approach to Mentoring
- So now you’ve invested in their growth and development, how do you measure your ROI?
And much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers and Team Leaders whose key responsibilities include the formulation and implementation of staff learning and development plans
- Human Resource Development specialists who wish to adopt a more strategic approach to training and development
- Anyone with an interest in staff learning and development
- You will learn how to manage the career of your staff
- You will learn how to measure the return on your investment in staff
- You will learn how to perform competency based job profiling
- You will learn how to perform a Performance Gap Analysis